BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Day Before My Cleanse: Feeling Excited? Weird...



This is the last picture of old Andrea Marston... version 1. Wow – how is that for complete honesty and how about that angle? Eeek!
Tomorrow I start the 9 day cleanse before committing my LIFE to the GI Diet. I thought that considering today is the last day I could enjoy all the delicious junk I love to eat, I would wake up wanting to gorge myself full. That is not how I woke up at all. I woke up and I wanted today to be tomorrow! I am ready to make these changes in my life more than ever.
Especially, when it comes to my weight, which has been a morbidly obese monkey on my back for as long as I can remember. I have always been the fat girl and I am not sure I really understand how to be anybody else... but I am so ready to try! In the past it has been some crush I have had on some unattainable guy that has pushed me to want to lose weight or to make my parents shut up :).
So, today why do I want to really commit to this weight loss goal? I want to be healthy enough to not feel trapped by my body. I don’t want my body to hold me back from fitting into an airplane seat to amazing places I want to see. I don’t want my body to stop me from learning how to surf or fitting into all the amazing clothes I covet in magazines and at the mall. I don’t want my body to hide me away from my soul mate, if I am lucky enough to be granted one of those in this lifetime. I want my body to start being my ally in life rather than my enemy. For the first time in my life I want to lose all this weight for me!
So instead of chocolate, I want a cute shirt from Forever 21. Instead of a big pasta dinner, I want to walk the streets of Rome. Food isn’t important enough to hold me back anymore. I am done with it being some kind of comfort to me... now it is going to be an ally to make Andrea V2 the best she can be.
I am ready for this challenge! I am ready to see what’s on the other side of this big ass hill I have to climb. :)
If this blog and that picture don't make me accountable for this weight loss... I am not sure what will? I am going to do this!

0 comments: