BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 1, 2010

Embracing Adventure!


I have only been in an airplane by myself a couple of times. And it was only from Calgary to Winnipeg and Saskatoon and back. But now I am going to be 8 hours in the air by myself and then in a big ass airport by myself, probably getting lost! This all started to bubble in my head while trying to sleeping last night, probably because it is hitting me that I am leaving the day after tomorrow.

The last couple of years I have kind of become an expert of doing things on my own. Movies and dinners. I actually began to savor my independence, when I was living away from home. I like deciding what to put on my own pizza, I like choosing what movie to watch, and I learned to love doing my own thing. This is probably because I had too many years of being some bossy friends’ doormat and during these last few years of anti-socializing, I found myself in the freedom I was given.

I had dreamt of going to Europe with some friends but it never worked out with schedules and budgets. So, now I am off alone and I get to see these places I have been daydreaming about for years. And yeah it is really scary to be going on my own but I am actually sort of excited to do my own thing! I know I am going to be forced to be social on my tour but you know what I think it is going to be really good for me. I think it is going to be sort of a “Hey World, Andrea is Back to Socializing” party and I am going to embrace that and have a friggin’ BLAST! YAY!

0 comments: