BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Forgive and Forget


I was just arguing religion with my Mom, yet again. One of the disagreements I have with organized religion are their views on homosexuality and how some extremist believe that you can go to hell for being with someone of the same sex. I personally think it is ridiculous for any individual or organization to proclaim that loving someone can send you to hell and that you should be punished if you love the wrong person.

But then I came back to my room, took a moment and realized that I am giant hypocrite. My best friend from high school and the guy who I loved for all those years hooked up in Vegas and I wished them nothing but misery and punishment to them because of that for years. The thing is they didn't just hook up; they fell in love and got married.

I know I am maybe a permanently single, sometimes bitter spinster. But even despite all that I am an advocate of love. Even though it has never happened to me, I believe in all that jazz about not knowing when, where or how love will find you. So I how can I condemn a couple who found in love. I have to take a step back to see that because it is definitely a little easier if the memories and details are a little hazy.

The truth is I can't hate them anymore. It takes up too much of my time and it no longer serves a purpose in my life. At one point in my life I wanted each of them to be happy and now they are and NOW, finally, I get to be too. This is something you will not read in this blog again... this part of my life is OVER.

ps - OPRAH to the rescue again http://www.oprah.com/spirit/8-Ways-to-Forgive-and-Forget

Onwards...

0 comments: