BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dog Days Are Over

I can't prove to people I have not seen in years that I have changed but there's really is no need to prove myself to people who are not in or wanted back in my life. Apologizing to my old friends was something I did for my own benefit rather than to get a response from anyone, I will admit. I wanted to say the words out loud or typed out I guess, "I was wrong and I am sorry." So far the responses have been lacking or ranting and I am honestly not surprised, I didn't expect much more. I do honestly regret my action but that being said everything that happened brought me here and I have a feeling that here is just the beginning of the next part of my life. A part free from high school drama, after college pain, and all the hate of the past and I wanted closure and the responses don't matter.

I know I have changed. I know that I am ready to take on new challenges and chase lifelong dreams. I know I am ready to be healthy and happy. I know that I will be good to those who come into my life because I am not scared of people anymore. God has proved to me that there are good people in my life who see me for what I am and love me.

I am sorry for being a coward to my old friend and I know they think that by saying that and even writing this blog, I am playing the victim. But I can't prove to them I have changed. I do wish them the best in the future and I do let them go.

Those apologies and this blog is about my personal journey forward. The dog days are over. I am ready to move past all the baggage, walk into the ultra-fabulous future I am creating for myself, and away from the insecure lost girl they think they know.

I'm ready for tomorrow and every day after that because not only do I have infinite belief in who Andrea Marston is, I also, have infinite belief that I am blessed. Tomorrow is a new day, a new challenge and I'm going to kick its ass.

0 comments: