BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rambling of a TV Geek - February Sweeps!


February is here and to most that means ground hogs and candied hearts but to me it's all about February Sweeps people! It’s when the television networks put out their best work to compete for ratings before more repeats and then season finales. This is where stories lines get juicy and developed for all the frustrating end of season cliff hangers.

Well here are a few things this TV addict is looking forward to this February Sweeps. Be warned I am about to go supremely TV Geeky on you!

1) Saying goodbye to Michael Scott on the Office. Now let me state that I am not happy that Steve Carrell won't be making me giggle every Thursday anymore, in fact that is just downright depressing. But I am excited to see how the Office’s talented writers will give TV's most lovable idiot a happy ending. The web speculation has been delicious and the possibility of Will Ferrell being a possible (likely temporary) replacement for the Office boss makes me giddy with anticipation.

2) I am looking forward to so many things on Grey's Anatomy but I am more than ready to see Cristina Yang get hardcore again! I didn't like crazy non-surgeon Cristina it was unsettling, which I guess was the point. I am also interested to see where the whole Two Lesbians and McSteamy plus a baby on board end up developing into. I am also wondering what this means to one of my favourite Seattle Grace couples, Lexi and McSteamy! And will Meredith and Derek ever get a bun in that oven and will said bun have gorgeous McDreamy hair?

3) Community is my fave and I’m so excited for more hilarious episodes! OMG - could Senor Chang really be that Shirley's baby daddy? And what's up with the whole Annie/Britta/Jeff love triangle? Got to say I am not the biggest fan of that whole thing. Jeff and Britta are the obvious Ross and Rachel in this show. And, Jeff and Annie are so wrong together and it is too early in the show to ruin the group dynamic. Friends was smart enough not to try to pair any of the Friends with Ross and Rachel until the later seasons and even then Joey and Rachel were doomed. And it is obviously too early to bring the two main characters together just yet. So, Jeff Winger needs a lady friend distraction that is not in his group ASAP.

4) GLEE! Is it wrong that I want Finn to date Santana just to get Lea Michele to play crazy, she does it so well! Make Rachel go b a n a n a s! I am also really excited to see the story line between Kurt and Blaine turn into love. I hope Kurt finally gets a real first kiss. The second season of Glee has been a lot better than the first in that, the storylines are deeper and more consistent without as many gaping holes (*cough* Rachel’s Mom *cough*) in it. I believe the pairings of Kurt and Blaine and Quinn and Sam are really giving the show that consistent chemistry it was lacking in the first season. But what are we going to do with poor old cheesy Mr. Shuester?

5) Dear Carter Bays, You write one of the most brilliantly annoying shows, How I Met Your Mother? I am so invested in all these characters, their history together, and who the hell the Mother is, that I tune religiously. Yet, this season you seem to want to make all your lovely characters struggle and that, I think is what makes your show brilliant because I can relate to Robin's career struggle and dreams, to Ted's quest for true love, and I dream for a love like Lilly and Marshall's. My heart broke when amidst all his insecurities about his fertility, Marshall lost his Dad who meant so much to him. But Mr.Bays, don't you think this season has had enough doom and gloom, I would not dare ask to meet the Mother just yet but how about putting a bun in Lilly's oven! Let's some light shine on these characters, I love so much!

Anyways, I hope you all want to still be friends with me once you have read this hehe. I am TV geek to the bone! Love me or I don't get a life and don't read this blog... geez. I am off to the gym to sweat while; you guessed it, watching TV! Yay!

0 comments: