BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 11, 2011

On my way...


So, I have been unemployed 6 months. And although the generous government of Canada has been helping me out, my savings to get to Toronto is beyond tiny and my debt is ever growing. But today I got fantastic news, I'm employed! Yay! It is a 5 month contract position with a provincial government agency. The pay is fantastic and will REALLY help me save to get to Toronto before my 29th birthday, which in case you have not been reading my blabbering blog is the goal, along with losing all the fat.

I had the interview on Tuesday and although it was probably one of the most confident and relaxed interviews I have ever given, I had doubt I would get the job because of my lack of graphic design experience. In the interview, I told them that I thought I could teach myself to use Adobe Illustrator and apparently I was convincing enough for them to call me and offer to assign me a graphic design project to see if I could figure out the program. And after a half an hour panicked lunch, I locked myself in my room and did up a brochure on Adobe Illustrator and I did a pretty bloody good job, if I do say so! I would like to send out a big thanks to youtube tutorials and google for helping me along. Anyways, it turned out well and I got the job which is such an amazing opportunity to add some new skills to my growing resume, save money for Toronto, and it made me really believe in myself.

There is something genuinely different about me since I started working out and even more so since I have come back from Europe. I feel more sure of who I am and knowing that I can trust myself to not only take care of myself but get myself to the best life possible. And to me the best life possible is being at a healthy weight, traveling frequently and pursuing my dream of making television I would love to watch.

Toronto has the Second City which gives this amazing comedy writing class and conservatory program that makes my brain drool every time I read about it online. I have been wanting to take this thing since I was 17 years old. But money, bonds with other people, and my own fear always got in the way of me chasing this dream. I have never felt ready to go so far away from my family and chasing this gigantic dream of becoming a sitcom writer or professionally writing for or about TV, somehow. I feel strong enough to go for this more now than ever before, I feel like I deserve to have that dream more now than ever before. So, I am mentally ready to go but as per usual my financial situation got in the way. So, I talked to God and literally pleaded my case to help me get to Toronto and to Second City. I pleaded my case by spending three days (with very little sleep) coming up with ideas for spec episodes, writing television articles posted on www.TVGeekArmy.com, sketch ideas for SNL, and my own original sitcom show idea. I want this dream badly and I think that is why he sent this completely random job posting for a 5 month contract position that would pay me enough to get to Toronto and Second City before the end of 2011 (unless I screw this up and I WON'T)!

I have never been more excited, optimistic and completely READY for my future! I'm SO blessed! :) Here I go!

0 comments: