BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

We are what we think about all day long.


All those people who say things say that laughter is the best medicine. And I for one agree with the masses. Laughter has sort of been my saving grace in the midst of some really dark recent and past dark days. Sometimes I wonder if I didn’t have the amazing comedy of my favourite sitcoms (The Office, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother and Community), Saturday Night Live, Will Ferrell movies and www.Funnyordie.com , if the darkness would have just swallowed me up. Sometimes when it is hard not to focus on the negative and the positive is nowhere to be found, it just seems easier to appreciate the absurdities of everyday existence. I come from a large and fairly ridiculous family who are a constant gold mine of comedic material. And from retail to radio to government there has always been material to collect in the ludicrousness of earning a living. I find it lightens my load when I let annoying people become an amusing protagonist in my sitcom or sketch idea, rather than letting them settle in as a real life pain in my ass. It is my messed up version of the secret but it really has changed my perspective, I guess. I am visualizing my life like as a sitcom and I am the lead actress, writer and producer and Charlie Sheen is banned from this set. I have always sort of been the kind of girl who takes things too seriously and personally. And now, I am really enjoying laughing things off. I love the view from looking at things this way. “We are what we think about all day long.” – Ralph Emerson Waldo.

0 comments: