BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Taking my television obsession to the next level... but how?


I love TV with all my heart. I love the characters and getting lost in their dilemmas and stories. I love the words that are put together in a way that has me in fits of laughter or sobbing like a little baby. I love that I know what's it is like to be Lost on an island after a plane accident, a surgeon at Seattle Grace, or hanging with my best friends in New York City. TV has been my obsession and my escape since Sesame Street and when I decided to take broadcasting in college, it became my passion and I so, SO want it to now become my career.
I just don't really know how to get there. I have been applying for jobs the last couple of days; just ordinary administration jobs to pay the bills and help get me to Toronto to try my hand at figuring out a television career. And I am a Virgo and I should be really be focusing on these money and bills details. But I am having a hard time focusing on the details when all I can think about is the big picture. Well not the Emmy's or anything... I am just so obsessed with getting to Toronto and at least trying my hand at Second City classes.
But this is the time to be realistic and *gulp* an adult. I have a slight hole to get out of financially first and not to mention building some kind of savings to get me to Toronto. I just don't want to get lost in the details and settle for an easier path. I know my end goal is huge and to some, ridiculous. However, I honestly think that if I don't do it or see what happens if I tried to do it, my life would sort of be wasted. And I am 28 and I have wasted enough time. I am going to suck this up and get this plan in motion, along with all the details... because I love TV and I want to be more the annoying couch potato who refers every day life situations to TV shows. I want to make my mark in television and that means getting off my ass and doing something about it. And I am going to! Where to start is kind of hazy but I am going to!?
I am scared...

0 comments: