BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

28



So here I am 28.
I have a lot of big plans and ambitious dreams for my 28th year.
I hope that the heartache and pain of my past is now far behind me and that I have come out of all that wiser and stronger. As I travel the world and meet new people, I hope that I can be open enough to let people in but wise enough to not be taken advantage of, again. I hope that I have the confidence and commitment to achieve my goals in my career and with my health. I have weathered some pretty intense storms in the past five years and I am still standing. I think that has a lot to say about my strength.
I am going to be my own knight in shining armour. I am going to come to my own rescue when it comes to guarding the gates of my life and conquering the dragons that I have to face. I am done being the damsel in distress or maybe more so,the hunchback. I want to brave and fierce in my 28th year.
I hope to have safe and adventurous travels. I am so excited to see my family around the world. And I can't even tell you how long I have been itching to see something other than Calgary! Even my trip to Winnipeg was a nice break for me. The idea that I am finally going to get to see the Golden Gate Bridge , London, and Ireland again and finally have the chance to see Paris, Rome and Amsterdam is actually blowing my mind at the moment. I would love to make some friends a long the way who can help me get out of my bubble that I have been living in.
I want my 28th year to be the year I finally have the courage to take a leap of faith and go after my BIG dreams. I have been compromising and settling for way too long now. But my heart knows that I want to be a Television Writer. Come hell or high water my 28th year is going to be the year I finally find the "balls" to go after that dream, full force.
However, I will admit that the more I look at the details of getting myself to Toronto and Second City, the more I begin to drown in doubt. How am I going to afford the move? Will I get a job? Will I be incredibly lonely without knowing anyone there? Can I just have faith that somehow I will get there and it will all work out? I feel like if it does all work out, it will be my version of a miracle. I hope and pray I am worthy of a miracle.
All in all I want to look back on my 28th year as the year everything turned around. Where tears, heartbreak, and hard work were all worth it because it finally lead to something great. I want to live my life to the fullest after years of living in survival mode. I want feel things that I have been scared to feel again and I want to get to the best years of my life. Here's to 28... I have faith in you.

0 comments: