BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fear


I am a naturally sweaty person but yesterday I found the true depths of my sweatiness.

I have visited San Francisco probably 5 times in my life to see my family but I have never really gotten a chance to do all the touristy things that everyone does when they are here.

The cable cars, the Bay Cruise, and walking the Golden Gate Bridge were on the top of my list this time around San Francisco. The thing that escaped me until I was way up there on that beautiful bridge was my epic fear of heights. Maybe, subconsciously I thought that because I am making all these changes in my life that my fears of heights would just fade half way across the bridge.... ummm wrong.

Grasping onto my Mommy's arm for dear life, hyperventilating with my heart in my throat, I walked the whole bridge (5.4KM) in one hour non-stop in 30 degree weather.

I can't say that enjoyed it or that I was even one ounce graceful or brave while I was doing it, on the contrary I was pretty much a gasping, sweaty mess. But I did it.

I can't tell you how many things I have NOT done in my life because fear got the best of me. No matter how sweaty and messy the whole Golden Gate Bridge ordeal was, I actually proved to myself that I am changing and that I am 5.4 kilometers closer to becoming Andrea 2.0.

Today my legs are sore, my jeans are way too big and I feel a bit more ready for the adventures ahead of me... even without my Mommy there.

0 comments: