BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 4, 2010

A personal path


Self expression is a thing too many humans take for granted. Each and every one of us was given the ability to express our unique personality in a multiple ways. Whether you paint, write, cook, etc; self expression is a true gift we have all been blessed with. I take every opportunity to express myself and celebrate the unique person I have grown into. I love bright colours in my clothing or home, I refer to TV in everyday conversation, and I write my feelings, views and ideas down.

I was lucky enough to be raised by two amazing people who always encouraged me to be myself and follow my heart. Like many of our parents, my parents had their own beliefs and probably their own dreams and aspirations for me and my brother. Now that I am older, I see how other people have been raised and I realize how lucky I am to have such supportive parents. My parents are wise enough to know that there is more than one way to be successful and happy in life. They have never pushed me and they have just let me blossom.

I don’t believe in preaching ideas about God or religion on anyone else but I do want to share what believe of God. I believe we are all pieces of art made by an artist in the sky. We were all made with purpose and no two of us were created identical in every single way. So, how can there be one way to have a relationship with God. I do not disrespect or judge people who lean on community of faith but I do take offense when they feel the need to impose their beliefs on me. Often out of respect I will go to church or pray with my extended family (so not to offend anyone). But my relationship with God is more than scripted prayers and ceremonies. It is personal relationship and it feels terribly uncomfortable when I am told how to conduct that relationship.

I can tell you that every morning and night and a lot of times during the day I talk to God. I thank him, I praise him and ask him for help and to me that is a very personal process. I feel the best way I can show my gratitude to my creator is to be completely true to who I am and kind to those around me. Self expression is my rosary, my Sunday mass, my way of showing God that I am here and present in this life he has given me. I may never be a Van Gogh or a Shakespeare but I am Andrea Marston a creation of God.

I am not saying this is the way to heaven or God for all of you reading... this is my personal path.

0 comments: