BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rockin' Me


When you put yourself out there, like I am with this blog, you are going to have a lot of helpful suggestions come your way. People with good intentions are throwing things my way that I should change about myself, that I really had no problem with in the first place. Example people say I should get rid of my signature Andrea Marston bangs. They say it gets in my eyes and I have been rocking this look since I was 3 years old. Okay, I see those points but Andrea bangs are so my thing. I think they bring out my eyes, hide some of my face chubbiness and look quite cute with my glasses. So no, the bangs are not going but the big ass, judgemental-ness and rigidness are.I am making changes that I think I need, to be in a better place in MY life.
After years of being the shoulder to cry on, the best friend like a little sister emotional slave to too many unworthy guys, and little miss perfect to my family, teachers and society; I am ready to just rock me. I am ready to answer to no one but me when it comes to what I do with my life. I know who I am and I am ready to take big steps, that I never have felt ready to take before. I am ready to travel the world and meet new people. I am ready to move to Toronto and go after my dream career. And I am ready to fall head over heels in love with someone who is totally worthy of the awesomeness that is Andrea Marston.
I am not the scared broken person I was 3 years ago. I have risen above all the shit that happened to me and I came out of hiding. And now, I am fighting for every day I am getting the chance to live. A couple of people left me broken and battered and alone and I hid away for a long time and licked my wounds. But now, I am back, stronger and I am ready for anything. So here I am taking leaps of faith again and it makes me feel... alive.

0 comments: