BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Move over Miss Goody-Two-Shoes - There is a new sheriff in town!


An older version of me thrived on a schedule and in a routine. She obsessed about being on time and she was sometimes just a downright bore. She is way too practical and sometimes sort of rigid. So, when she was thrown out of routine all her world watched to see how she would react. Surely, Miss Practicality would start budgeting her savings and looking for a new job pronto.

No matter what happens in life I will down to my core be a little miss goody-two-shoes. I can't stand breaking the rules. Jaywalking is something I try never to do. I walk on the right side of the tracks and when I am not; I am rather discrete about it. I am the girl who made flashcards and study guides for the whole class from elementary to college.

Sure, there were days when I knew how to party. There were days that I had so much fun my sides would hurt from laughing. There were days you could not wipe the smile off my face. I hadn't felt that sense of fun in such a long time. I had been letting miss goody-two-shoes take over. I was always afraid to take longer than a week off at a time for the past 4 years and before that I didn't have money to travel.

When I got laid off, I took it as a sign to give myself a break. A lot has happened to me in the last 3 years. Ankles, trust and my heart were all broken and then I healed. I have committed myself to getting healthy. I have worked SO hard and became a 9 to 5 zombie. I was living on survive for the last 3 years and I soooo longed for FUN!

So, I gave myself permission to go out and enjoy life for a while. Go be a crazy wandering gypsy and see what it is like to have fun again.

I got my tour tickets and itinerary for Europe in the mail yesterday. It is really happening! There is a part of me nagging to be more practical and look for a job; but I am just enjoying being free a little too much at the moment.

As miss goody-two-shoes looks on, Andrea 2.0 takes the controls and presses on the gas. Here I go! 3 weeeeeeeeeeeeks!

0 comments: