BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 15, 2010

Whirlwinds


I was in experiencing a rainy Winnipeg fall day 3 weeks ago, I was in a Californian heatwave a little more than a week ago and now I am back in Calgary and there is snow on the ground and in 19 days I will be getting on a plane and going to Europe? For real, this is my life as of late. It is a whirlwind and I am SO not used to whirlwinds.
I am used to a slow and steady pace and sticking to some sort of a plan. Lately, I keep attempting to make plans and then something happens and I am trying to adapt one as soon as possible and I am feeling overwhelmed.
I guess this is just being an adult and being adaptable but I am scared that I am a terrible adult. I am scared that I am going to get lost in Europe by myself and not know what to do! I am scared that I am not going to have enough money to get my dog's surgery. I am scared I am not going to have enough money to survive a 5 week vacation in Europe. I am scared my roommate on the tour will hate me. I am panicking, something I do all too often, and panicking always makes me freeze up. The thing is right now, I don't have time to freeze up and not make decisions. Because my dog is in pain right now and my trip is booked and I am just going to have to suck up and deal with this... scared or not ... this is happening.
People say God never gives us anything we can't handle. Somewhere deep in me there is a strong, capable, calm person who can handle this whirlwind I am caught up in and make a good life after it all settles down. There is a person in me, who I am sure might even know how to enjoy this ride; I am in desperate search for that girl today.

0 comments: