BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Following My Bliss


There are so many things that could go wrong with my adventures as a vagabond traveling the world. The news is reporting high levels of terrorist activity all over Europe. I am being warned about pick pockets and all the things that could go wrong when a woman dares to travel Europe all alone.

I am might be jinxing myself or being completely naive, to honestly believe that this is my time for adventure, happiness and peace; but I do. I believe that I have put in my work coming back from heartache and depression and I believe that right now I was given this chance to be free to wander and live, for a reason.

And if I let the realist in my brain trump up, she would say, "Hey Sunshine, things could go wrong." And I realize and worry that things could indeed go wrong. But if the worst happens this time, I am not going to be hobbling around in cast sobbing. After I think about the heartache of Vegas and my depression there is huge part of me that wants to erase it all from my memory. But I know that, that part of my life gave me a wisdom and strength that I didn't have before. So if the worst happens, I will deal with because I am equipped to do that now.

And the truth is I am not alone. I have my family in England and Ireland and I know that I can rely on them just as much as I can rely on myself. Plus, I have my sitcom writer in the sky writing the plot and I don't think he's ready for an Andrea cancellation just yet.

About a year and half ago, a friend at work gave me a yoga quote card that said, "Follow Your Bliss!". Reading that quote, during that time when I was so stuck in depression, it made me think about all the things I wanted in this world and what exactly my bliss was. My bliss is television, comedy, my family, history, making the world a better place and seeing the world I have read and watched so much about. Back when I saw that quote, I really thought following my bliss was hopeless and that I was just stuck. Fear can't get in my way anymore because I have finally been given my chance to go and actually follow my bliss. I have never been so grateful for anything in my life. Terrorists and pick pockets can forget about getting in the way of my bliss and my path, it is stronger than their hate.

0 comments: