BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 18, 2010

Sending Good Wishes to Charlie


In 2002, I was with my Uncle Hamish and Mom doing a quick browse through Petland to get some fish for Uncle Hamish's tank. We passed the kittens and the puppies and I know this sounds weird, but I locked eyes with one cute bitch and I was hooked.
I had never been much of a dog person but there were something about Charlie's golden, brown kind puppy eyes that had love bubbling up in me at first sight. We asked to hold her and the minute I cuddled into her soft curly white hair with beige patches and pet those soft ears, I had to have her. So my Uncle got her for me! Up until this point I had only had cats who pretty much took care of themselves. Charlie was a lot of running around and hard work. She was never the brightest crayon in the box, when it came to her training but she was and still is the most affectionate dog I have ever met.
When I moved to Saskatoon for work, I was so sad to have to leave my Charlie with my parents. Whenever I called home she was the first thing I would ask about, "How is Charlie?" or "What's Charlie doing?". While I was gone, she became my Mom's constant companion. I think a big part of the reason I moved back so close to home when I came back to Calgary, was to be close to Charlie.
And when shit hit the fan in my social and "love" life. The only living thing that had a chance of cheering me up was my Poopy Bear. She has been my only light in some pretty dark days.
Well, Charlie goes in surgery tomorrow morning and I just hope it all goes smoothly because she really means SO much to me. I am sending her every prayer, good thought, piece of love and anything else I have to give to protect my Charlie.
The surgery is pretty expensive so, my very creative mother has made some cute charm bracelets for pet lovers and some really stylish basic styles too. All proceeds will go to helping pay off the surgery.

0 comments: