BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 10, 2010

Action!


When I was in high school and for a bit afterwards, I had this really dysfunctional group of friends who all dated each other and cheated on each other and what not. It was like any WB show at that time! Anyhoo, since I never dated or anything I was almost always like the Switzerland/guru type person in the group. For some reason they always used to come to me for advice or just someone to listen. So, I took it upon myself for some reason to solve their problems the best way I knew how, I referred back to my old friend TV. How would Dawson and Joey handle this? And from the outside looking in, life is really easy to plot out.
When I decided to go on this life changing weight loss plan I decided to become the TV Director of my own life? Does that even make sense? What I mean is, I was looking at things from the outside looking in and from there I would plot out my life like a TV show. I wrote a character description of myself (for real!) and then I thought of the obvious next moves for this character to take her to the next step in her life. I came up with the solid plan of losing as much weight as I could in 10 months and then in June I was going to go SOMEWHERE... where I had not yet decided. Then real life came and ruined my plot when I got laid off. And although I try not to seem outwardly panicked I will admit that I am rattled. I just need to breathe, get in the director seat again and think this through, at least until the next obstacle. But hey, this ain't TV, this is real life.
So, in regards to how I was feeling blue yesterday; well, my brother, I can't control that he is who he is; but I can control how I react and how much I interact with my brother. I am going to grow up and do that. And when it comes to missing my co-workers, well they are still there and I have the control to keep them in my life. Hmmmmm that sounded a bit forceful and creepy. What I mean is, just because I am not Corus employee doesn't mean that I have lost privileges to all the friendships I made. Those are mine to keep!
My mood completely changed after seeing everyone last night and getting their really sweet card with all their well wishes. I will admit that on my way to clean out my desk for some reason I was as nervous as I was on my first day. But when I got their seeing everyone instantly made me feel better, just like on my first day. And cleaning out my desk felt like a natural part of taking the next step forward. I got to properly say goodbye to Corus Entertainment and that really made my heart feel better.
Today, I am ready to keep moving forward, ready to grow up and continue to be my own TV Director.
And action!

0 comments: