BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

We Are Family


In a world where boys break my heart every 3 or so years, my best friend of ten years stabs me in the back in a blink of an eye or a company I slaved for finds me to be disposable, I have learned to value the importance of family bonds.
I love my parents so much. They have always worked hard to raise my brother and I, the best they could. I know in my heart that no matter what life throws my way they have my back and that kind of security just can't be bought. Even my annoying little brother has shown me kindness during my dark days and I know that if anyone was to mess with him they would have to deal with me.
I have grown up with my cousins, uncles, aunts, and grandparents being a huge part of my life and who I have grown up to be. They are crazy in every sense of the word; loud, communication-impaired and pretty much the Pakistani version of my Big Fat Greek Wedding, but bigger and with curry.
They can be a big ball of chaos and drive me absolutely bonkers. But without them I would not have people to party with all over the world, I would not have my Grandfather's green eyes or my Grandma's pouty lips, I would not know how to swear in Urdu and I would not have the confidence to know that no matter what anyone else thinks of me; I have a huge, crazy group of people who are forced to love me.
They are my friends, they are my brothers and sisters, and they are my worldwide safety net that makes me feel brave enough to go anywhere and be anything because I have them in my corner and I would not give that up for anything in the world.

0 comments: