BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Let the Travelling Begin!!!


The first vacation I took at my last job was a disaster. Not the trip so much as the aftermath of the trip, urgent red marker messages all over my desk upon my return. That is a bit of the reason I barely ever took up all my vacation days in the last 3 years. Beside my terrible trip to Vegas, that I really don't want to count as "holiday" travel, I have not left this beautiful country in 10 years. Before Corus, I was rather poor and never could afford to go anywhere that far and if I did go anywhere at all it was usually just BC.
So, all the travel I have planned for the next couple of months is a BIG deal for me. Yesterday, I booked my ticket for San Francisco, less then I get back from my trip to Winnipeg. I have a lot of family there to catch up with. Thanks to Facebook I have kind of gotten a glimpse of some cousins I have lost touch with and I am excited to get to know them in person. And I really love the San Francisco. It is a city that I identify with. It is a colourful, diverse city with an opinion and funky feel about it. Loves it!
After San Francisco, I have 2 weeks back in Calgary before I go off to Europe for a 2 week tour and some time to visit family in England and Ireland. This will be my first time EVER traveling alone without family or friends, on the Contiki Tour. I didn't even pay the single supplement, so I have to share a room with a female stranger. This is pushing my limits but I am ready for that. I am ready to see what happens when I step outside my comfort zone. Plus, I couldn't wait around for some to be able to join me. I have this opportunity to see all the places I have been dreaming to see and I am going to go for it.
I am going to make up for all the time I was too poor to travel or too stressed to leave my desk. So yeah, I am going a bit crazy with my travel plans! But hell, I deserve it! I think getting a peek at just how big the world is, is a great way to start the next chapter of my life!
Time to get my passport stamped!

0 comments: