BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labour Day Weekend Babbling


Things I have noticed since, I have had time to notice...

Couples slow each other down. A woman running on the track swiftly by herself is joined by her husband and proceeds to leisurely stroll in the fast lane. If you have somewhere to go, it’s faster to go alone. (Yeah – yeah, says the spinster!)

Speedos seem like an inappropriate thing for any grown man to wear in public place, especially in front of children.

Boys are stupid and by observing them with other guys, I am not exactly sure when that phase, ends.

I don’t think I would be a laid back parent. I get worried about the little kids in the pool while their parents are reading a magazine on the side. I know there are lifeguards and whatnot but that is a piece of life you created there pal and I think it deserves a bit more of your attention. Oh yeah and there is no harm in teaching your kids manners while you are at it! (Thanks Mom and Dad for forcing on the “please, thank you, excuse me” mantra on me, I hope to pass it a long.)

I finally found a semi-appropriate time for techno music, only because of the bpm.

Crown-molding really classes a place up and HGTV really makes the time on the elliptical trainer fly by.

One day, I simply must own a vintage bar cart and formal dining room.

I was EXTREMELY stressed out and unhappy at my job! Despite being surrounded by wonderful co-workers for the most part; worrying about what ran on what station, dealing with clients who sucked the soul out of any writing I could do, and the paper-pushing work piling up in front of me was making me miserable! Now that I don’t have a job defining who I am anymore, I feel lighter and freer to be me. I am taking this time off to take care of myself and rest up before I take the big leaps I have planned ahead. There are times when I think I am being irresponsible not getting right back into finding a new job and maybe that is mistake. I just think after school, all the heartache, broken ankle and torn tendons, and throwing myself into my job, that I deserve a break. Anyways, unemployment has bought me another 17 pounds of weight loss in just the past week and my skin has cleared up too. Going to bed when I want and waking up when I want (2am – 10am) gives me more energy during the day than I have had in years and I have been writing more than I have been in a long time, at night.

Here I am pretending to be a writer and all I can say about how I feel right now... is... I feel good. And that’s... GOOD!

0 comments: