BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 23, 2010

All about Funk


Hi everyone and more specifically Meghan! :)

Sorry I have not been on here for the last couple of days. I have been in a blah mood and when I whine about it on a blog it makes me feel terrible for possibly spreading my funk. So I kept it on the down-low and I think I am actually feeling a whole lot less... funky.

Sometimes I have to remind myself of the best advice I ever got off a television show (Joan of Arcadia... lasted only one season...shame)... anyways that advice was... Play Your Own Game.

Brilliant isn’t? Don’t get involved in other people’s problem without addressing yours first. Don’t let other people rock you so much. I have to remind myself that I am the caretaker of myself first and above all.

I don’t know if this if makes sense to anyone other than me but I get lost in other people... whether they are fictional or real. I find it easy wanting myself fixing the problems of people around me rather than to tend to my own mess first.

Dealing with my own stuff... that is new to me. I have been really committed to taking care of myself lately and I think that I got tired of that the last couple days. I wanted the escape of losing myself in someone else’s story. And it wasn’t the right thing to do and it just got me into unnecessary arguments and I was all about being in a funk!

But as I dragged myself out of bed this nasty Monday morning... I woke up restless to get back on the track. I drank a lot of water. I kicked butt at the gym. I have been doing some online researches about healthy eating. And tonight I am going to bed feeling a lot more positive then I went to bed the night before. That’s my life a constant yo-yofest people.

Anyways here is a sample of my online healthy eating research... Yay for almonds and tea!

http://ca.lifestyle.yahoo.com/health-fitness/articles/archive/shine-eatingwell/2332150/1

0 comments: