BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 3 of The Cleanse - Here comes the Meltdown



Day 3 – The Meltdown arrived. The victim was my poor unsuspecting father. The crime was inviting a family friend who loves to cook delicious food for us and who’s favourite conversation topic is... you guessed it... food... well he is coming to stay here for two days. My reaction... tears and uncontrollable rage that my supportive family totally are putting me in the fire on only the third day! (note – I am SO feeling the moody, headachy carb withdrawal majorly today) I know it is their house and who am I to tell them who can and can’t come over. My rational self gets the logic of how ridiculous I must seem to them, for blowing up and as my dad so kindly said “always playing victim”. My irrational self thinks my family above all people should be supportive enough to turn away the Chef away on my behalf and hold my hand through this whole thing.
No matter how much my family loves and supports me... they can’t hold my hand and lose this weight for me. They can’t turn their lives upside down for ME to conquer MY issues. I just need to do what I need to do to avoid these situations or be strong enough to stand in front them and not waiver my strength to this cause of losing weight. And sure, me freaking out on day three doesn’t really bode well for the uphill battle ahead of me. But I REALLY want this and I am willing to sit in the discomfort of cravings, insomnia, a sore throat, and a chef in the house tempting me (I will be hiding in my room)... I am willing to do anything! But to all those unlucky enough to have me in their lives in the first couple of weeks of this thing... I can’t promise there won’t be freak outs and tears. I am going to try as hard as I can to keep my emotions in check and wade the turbulent waters by myself and not let everyone feel all my ups and downs all the time.
Today was just a tiring day and I had a bit of Meltdown. But I am down 7 pounds and I have not cheated and tomorrow is another day.

0 comments: