BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Laid Off!


It is not even lunch and today has already been a surreal day.
I woke up this morning literally dreading the workload I knew was ahead of me today and for the rest of the week. This is what is known as National Hell Week. It is the week agencies and sales people own you. Yesterday was a miserable day and I didn't even get to talk to the people I worked with (I SO REGRET THIS NOW)... which to be honest is the only part of my job I still enjoyed. Let's face it... it was not the great pay and stimulating work that kept me coming back.
So, today I trudged on in robotically, as I do everyday. I checked my emails, made my list for the day and didn't even have a chance to get my grapefruit out before I was called to HR. I actually thought we were going to chat about a Socialpalooza event ha! But I was told to go upstairs to the 3rd Floor Boardroom *cue dramatic music*.
My boss broke the news that my job would be done out of Edmonton and this robot was no longer needed and I am pretty sure waited for me to cry (which I am ashamed to have done too many times in front of her before). Tears didn't overcome me though relief did. I grinned! I told her I was okay. I was ready to move on and I was meant for more. Not sure how appropriate that was now that I think about it hehe. The only thing that made me cry was the idea of not being able to go back and say goodbye to all my guardian angels who kept my head above water.
To Kathy, Robert, and Patrick, to the talented boys in prod, to the Fabulous ladies in traffic, to the DJs who made me giggle, and to the promo staff that gave me presents and knew how to party... THANK YOU! Thank you for shining your light in my life when I needed it SO bad! It is so much because of you that I feel... better... ready to move on to the cliche... bigger and better things people preach of.
Andrea 2.0 is waaaay more than a paper pushing national account coordinator/junior creative writer (who only got to write crap!).
It is funny during lunch yesterday, I prayed to God that I could win the lottery and not have to go through National Hell Week. Well... I guess I got the next best thing!
I am excited to see what's next for Andrea 2.0.

0 comments: