BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 8 of Cleanse - Second Last Day! Yay!


Those of you who might be regulars might notice that today’s blog is rather late. That’s because today I spent my day out of the house! Being active, living life.
Last night I was letting my body recover from pushing it a little too much on day one at the gym. So, the plan was to give myself a home Spa night and catch a little Jane Austen on Bravo, yeah pretty wild night in Andreatown. Anyways, I ended up getting sort of bored of watching Emma for like the 10th time and began to clean out my wallet. I organized this thing into bank card, credits, point cards, membership cards, etc. For some reason, that small task felt great. So Ii decided to clean out my purse. That’s when I found a badly written out budget I had written on a scrap piece of paper at work. Well, that scrap piece of paper inspired me to do a really organized and thorough budget. I got an excel budget template and did my budget with the goal of paying off my remaining debt and saving some money for some sort of big thing next year. I know a pretty adventurous Saturday night, right? But you know what, all that so needed to be done!
For three of years I have walked around in this haze of heartbreak. I am usually a really organized person... not just at work but in life too. If I am in my right mind, I have journals full of lists and plans. And for three years, the only thing in my journal were scribbles about pain, regret and the darkness I was feeling.
I lost myself. I let myself get lost in that heartbreak haze and gave up my lists and plans. So, yesterday when I organized my wallet and made my budget... I felt like maybe I am all better? Maybe, all those good things about me that I slip away could all be redeemed, made better and put to good use!
After a really peaceful sleep (thanks to the exercise I think). I sprang achingly out of my bed, got down to the gym, did a very sweaty 20 minutes of cardio while watching some HGTV, and then swam for a glorious hour. When I came out of the gym it was grey and rainy and completely the opposite of what I was feeling inside. My parents, uncle and I were heading to a store in Marda Loop just as we were getting closer it started to clear up. When we got there we walked straight into Marda Gras, a really cute street festival. It was not the plan for the day but it was so much fun! I probably spent a few dollars I shouldn’t have but none of it was on food. It was on shiny, pretty things that made me smile. Then we headed to my Uncle’s house and we had a delicious and healthy dinner.
I think today is a glimpse of what the life of Andrea 2.0 could look like. And that makes me excited for the next day and the next day after that, no matter what obstacles I have to conquer or risks I may have to take. It is kind of silly but it brings tears to my eyes because it has been too long since I have been excited about the days ahead.

ps - I am taking the sage advice of many of my friends and laying of weighing myself every morning and night. I am going to do it every four or five days. I am going to trust my GI way of life and exercising is going to do me right! Thanks! :)

0 comments: