BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Boring Year


Today someone asked me what exciting things have happened to mark the last year of my life?
I thought back to a year ago and the year that had passed... and I can honestly say there was no extreme adventure to mark my 27th year by. Which, sure, sounds sort of sad and pathetic in a way to other people but to me it doesn’t sound that bad at all. Especially, when I think of all the drama of my teenage years and 20-26. I am grateful for a year of no broken hearts or ankles and no bossy, needy friends stabbing me in the back. I can say this about my 27th year; it was the year that I reaped the benefits of weeding out some toxic people out of my life. I can say that my 27th year was 100% about me and trying to figure how to become a better version of myself. Sure there was no drama and that really just gave me the time to really sit with myself and ponder the life I want for myself. I can say that I have no regrets about who is in my life this year and what I have done with my time.
Here are my hopes for my 28th year. I hope finally take actions on the plans I made in my 27th year... smoothly... drama-free.
I don’t regret my seemingly boring year, one bit. It makes me all the more ready for what I have to do next.
I leave you with another inspiring article from Miss O...
http://www.oprah.com/spirit/What-Oprah-Knows-for-Sure-About-Adventure

0 comments: