BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 2 Cleanse: Feeling Hungry but Grateful



Day 2 of the cleanse and the longing for some startchy, fatty carbs to ease my sore throat has made me deathly afraid of my parent’s booby trapped kitchen full delicious, horrible carbs! I have done pretty well but there have been a few too many cartoon diet moments for just the first and second days. You know like my brother turning into a talking hamburger or my stomach cursing at me to put something more filling into it. Maybe that’s just my insomnia making me go crazy! I can do this... right? Well, thank goodness for all the people I’ve got in my corner.
It is probably no secret to many people who know me, that I have not been the biggest fan of human kind the last couple of years. I got wronged by a couple of people who I considered important to me and after that I kind of gave up on everyone else, including myself for a long while.
I went from being one of the most hopeful people you’ve ever met to one of the most hopeless in a blink of an eye. I shut away the world, hid and just let my wounds fester. There were a really small, strong group of people who would not let me go all the way to the darkness. They held on to hope FOR me, no matter how hard I know I made it for them. I self-destructed. I ate on more weight... I let depression and cynicisms take over my whole life... I was sick of myself and yet these people they stuck with me.
And now I am finally seeing the hope in my life again... the options ... the potential and to have these people by my side... no matter what; that gives me infinite strength to do anything. To lose this weight, to see the world, and who knows maybe to become an Emmy award winning writer! (I can dream... it is my blog darn it).
So, thank you to all those people who keep my head above water when I am flailing around like some drowning crazy person... you know who you are and I know you are reading this because you guys are awesome like that! And thank you to all the people I am not that acquainted with but who read my blog and send me good thoughts and wishes. Every piece of support I get just pushes me one step closer to Andrea V2. Thank you. You humans ain’t so bad after all! :)

0 comments: