BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 5 of Cleanse - Progress?


Today, I conquered the grapefruit and two grocery stores. I know it is quite soon but this seems to me to be signs of the emergence of Andrea Version 2. Old Andrea would have given up on grapefruit after the first day and she definitely wouldn’t have been emotionally stable enough by day five, to go alone into a grocery store. And I did it! And I was fine!
Since the dreaded grapefruit has entered my life, back when I was about 7 years old, I have always eaten the thing like an orange... peel and eat... and then suffer the bitter aftertaste. Well my lovely coworkers showed me the light! The magical way to cut the grapefruit that makes it so easy to scoop out in cute little triangles and avoid all the bitter grossness! I think I am going to just be a-ok with this super-fruit for good now!
Then, on day five of a cleanse I dared go into a grocery store once with a co-worker and then once ...*gasp*... on my own! For real! In the past on day five of the diet... if I had made it that long... Old Andrea would so not have been casually strolling by chocolate, checking the labels on hummus and picking up a loaf of bread for her family, not without slipping in a chocolate for herself. This is what day 5 commitment to a diet would look like to Old Andrea; clutching a bag of celery, locked away from any human beings who dared tempt me with something delicious ,startchy, carby, and yummy thing while checking the scale every five minutes to see if I was at my goal weight.
I know I have to sit with this temptation and face it because I know my weight is so out of control that this is no quick fix. After this cleanse, the GI diet is actually going to be the GI way of life. I did a lot of research before picking this diet. I chose the GI diet because it is a heart healthy diet that follows a reasonable menu that I think I can follow. Old Andrea has been on every diet from Weight Watcher to Dr.Bernstein. I have spent so much money on every diet pill, gym membership, and every other get thin quick scheme. I have been through the diet ropes and lost from 5 to 60 pounds but it all came back and it brought some lardy company.
Andrea Version 2 has taken the knowledge from all those diets of the past and is putting it to use with this healthy new diet that she actually took the time to research. I feel different ... I feel genuinely committed to do this for myself. I really think if I can stick with this, I really will deserve that goal weight I am eyeing, I am going get there. I am not going to bail on myself. I am in this for the long haul.
And I think that’s progress!

0 comments: