BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cheerleading


My knees are sore, my back is aching and I feel completely relaxed. After a rather crappy day at work I took it all out on the elliptical trainer and not in the fridge! I think I just proved to myself I am really changing and lately that is the most important person I have to convince.
I can promise you no matter what the worst thought ANYONE else has ever thought about me, I have thought worse about myself. I am 100% my own worst critic. Not even the severest boss could make me feel worse about making a mistake at work, than I can make myself feel. Not even a supermodel could judge my body, worse than I judge it myself.
My head is a constant babble of self-criticism... except for the ½ hour a day I am on the elliptical trainer. When I am doing my cardio I get to a point about half way through where I am certain death is close and at this time on the treadmill I become someone I have never ever been in my whole life... a cheerleader! In my head there is no criticism just, “You can do this... you are doing so good... just 15 minutes more... Friggin’ Ra Ra Andrea!”
That’s a stinky, sweaty miracle people . Ha... me a cheerleader... who would’ve of thunk it?
Anyways, Oprah is like a goddess to me! I think she is like the perfect portrait of what a strong, independent and resilient woman looks like and many times in my life her advice has come to good use. Today I read an article she wrote on her website and it kind of made me tear up. This woman who I admire and look up to so much, is fighting the same fight I am. It is strange how that makes me feel stronger. It makes me feel like I have this powerful person on my side. Anyhoo, enough of me being a kook here’s the article by the amazing Miss O.
http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Oprah-What-I-Know-For-Sure_1

0 comments: