BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Socializing?


Now that I have wrapped my mind around grapefruit and the gym, I have got keep forging ahead in getting my brain straight.
To be completely frank with you, readers, I have been quite a nutcase the last couple of years. I have isolated myself and grown pretty cynical about... humanity. That sounds pretty dramatic but it was the only way I knew how to protect myself and make sure I would not let myself be anyone’s stepping stone or victim EVER again.
I used to be a very different person. I used to be social and sometimes even the life of the party. I used to be close to people. And then life decided to show me how stupid that was and kicked the $h!t out of me. I was hurt worse than I ever thought I could be and I hit all kinds of rock bottoms. But I fought threw it and I got to the other side. More confident in, who Andrea Marston is, than ever before!
And now that I am trying to patch myself up and I want to make sure this version of myself is stronger and wiser. I want to let people in again but I want them to see how much I respect and take care of myself first and for them to know I expect no less of their treatment of me. I was not doing that before and now I am ... so maybe I am ready... for friends and socializing again. We’ll see... I’m pretty scared still but if I conquer my weight issues... I can conquer my people issues... right? Sure...

0 comments: